Client is a leading multi-national publishing company in EU.
The client wanted to develop an e-commerce system to sell e-books and multimedia content online. The system needed to be integrated with leading DRM solutions from Adobe & Sony e-book reader and support localization to multiple languages. The other thridparty bookstores would be able to sell e-book and multimedia content through this e-commerce platform. The client also had very critical time-to-market due to the market pressure.
IMT team worked closely with the client to propose technologies and system architect. After that an Offshore Development Center was set up in IMT with resources selected by the client to implement the system. The team was responsible for software design, development, testing and deployment.
- Technologies: DotNetNuke, Java, Adobe DRM, MVC, SQL Server database
- We deployed continuous integration and automated unit test, UI test system to reduce testing cycle and regression effort
- The e-commerce portal was launched successfully on-time and within budget.
- Many Switzerland bookstores are selling books and contents through this e-commerce platform.
- By outsourcing to IMT the client achieved cost reduction while still could ensure time-to-market and high quality.