NEW CORONAVIRUS INFECTIOUS DISEASES (COVID-19) STATUS IN VIET NAM
- Number of infected people
As of May 15, Vietnam’s Ministry of Health confirmed a total of 288 cases of COVID-19. However, 252 of the affected patients have recovered and been discharged from hospitals. Vietnam recorded 17 new cases on May 7 – all of which were Vietnamese coming back from the UAE on a repatriation flight. All returnees have been quarantined on arrival.
- Schools across the country including in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City reopened for classes from May 4 but in gradual phases.
- The government has allowed the resumption of all non-essential services except for clubs and karaoke parlors but with preventive measures
- Ho Chi Minh City authorities removed sports centers and indoor sports businesses from the list of suspended businesses due to COVID-19 allowing gyms to reopen. In addition, the public gathering limit has been raised to 30 people from the previous 20.
- Taxis, buses, Grab services and inter-provincial transport have also resumed though with restrictions as per the transport authorities
- The Ministry of Transport has allowed the increase in the frequency of domestic flights on the Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh City route as well as the reopening of other domestic routes.
The measures include the washing of hands, and wearing masks while banning religious gatherings, festivals, and sporting events. In addition, bars, pubs, beauty salons, and karaoke bars will continue to remain closed until further notice.